Sunday, July 10, 2016

L'oreal Paris Lucent Magique BB Cushion Review

So I got into this trend a bit late. I finally got my first BB Cushion after watching the clicknetwork show where Shu An and Qiu Qiu unboxed their gifts from L'oreal Paris (link here). So my first BB Cushion was of course from L'oreal Paris.

I got it for $32 at Watsons, and it was only 14g. It had a refill pack but the casing didn't contain the product, so I am guessing $32 is for one set. The funny thing is that they dun sell the refill.

I got mine in N2 Ivory Miracle. There was only to shades available, N2 and N3 which is a darker shade.

So let's jump into it:

Photo: The info written at the back

Photo: What the cushion looks like. Pardon the dirtied sponge; used it for 2 months on and off before taking this photo

Photo: Pretty casing, and it's so shiny it's like a mirror

After trying it for 2 months (here and there), here is what I feel

The good:
  • Pretty rose-gold casing
  • It's buildable
  • The sponge is anti-bacterial  

The bad:
  • SPF29++ only. Most of those bb/cc cushions reviews I see of the other brands are SPF50++.
  • Non-water proof. It actually comes off very easily with water. I wore this to my granddad's funeral where I cried, and when I wiped my face with tissue, it came off, leaving streaks on my face...
  • The sponge is kind of flimsy. Like those you can buy off the shops and make your own BB cushion
  • This point might be just for me, but it's kind of sticky as a top layer. I only put a moisturizer then this BB cushion
  • It made my face look oily after one day out with this product (no touch ups)
  • It has very little product. I use it on average of 2-3 times a week, but it seems like it's running out already

Verdict: 4/10



Up next:

I just purchased Laneige's BB Cushion (Pore Control) and am excited to try it out. The reviews online are great and it took me a month before I finally got my hands onto one. Sephora Singapore's online shop was sold out, and it was also sold out in NEX's Sephora store and the Laneige counter at Isetan NEX. I finally managed to purchase the new improved one at the Isetan Laneige counter at NEX, and after which I found the old one at JEM's Sephora store, so I purchased that too. Will be reviewing this in the next blog post. :)

No comments: